Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #113

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released.
 
Without You
 
Summary:
 
1984 - Suffolk, England.
When 17-year-old Eva goes missing at sea, everyone presumes that she drowned. Her parents' relationship is falling apart, undermined by guilt and grief. But her younger sister, Faith, refuses to consider a life without Eva; she's determined to find her sister and bring her home alive.
Close to the shore looms the shape of an island -- out of bounds, mysterious, and dotted with windowless concrete huts. What nobody knows is that inside one of the huts Eva is being held captive. That she is fighting to survive -- and return home...
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 384 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: July 17th 2014 by Piatkus
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I love a good thriller/mystery that's set in the UK and this one has a really dark premise and I'm interested because it takes place in the '80s which you don't see many current authors writing about.
 
 
Virtue Falls
 
Summary:
 
Twenty-two years ago, the beautiful Misty Banner was brutally murdered in her home in Virtue Falls, Washington.  Her daughter Elizabeth, four years old at the time of the murder, has lived her entire life believing that her father committed the crime. Now, decades, Elizabeth is back in Virtue Falls and hoping to find out the reasons behind the murder.  What she never expects to learn, though, is that her father was innocent all along.  In fact, the real killer is still out there.  And Misty was not his only victim...   
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 448 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: September 9th 2014 by St. Martin's Press
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I'm a big fan of Christina Dodd's Darkness Chosen series which is one of her paranormal shifter series and think it's great so I'm excited to see how this new mystery series will turn out.
 
 
What are you waiting on?
 
if-youre-here-blinkie 


16 comments:

  1. Nice pick - I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks Kim! I find the first book really intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virtue falls peaks my interest. I like the sound of it. Maybe it will be a great who done it kinda mystery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either of these books but they're now both on my 'want' list! I love mysteries like this and they both sound really intriguing!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love a good mystery! Great picks :) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choices! I could definitely see myself reading both books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sounds like they will be absolutely tragic. I think the first one is my favourite from the two though, because it's always so interesting to see how families respond to tragedy! Thanks for sharing this one :)
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, Without You sounds amazing, don't know if it's 100% my type of book, but I do love thrillers and mysteries, so I'll definitely check it out. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both sound great, but without you is just my kind of thing. This is the first time I have seen these, so thanks for sharing.
    What We're Waiting For...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two books that sound awesome! The second one is something I really need to read. Those are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! Both of those look amazing :)
    Here's my pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Without You sounds really interesting! I love the fact that it's set in a different time period as well. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really intrigued by Without you adding to my TRL. My WOW

    http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2014/05/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Christina Dodd, but I don't have this one on my TBR for some reason. Adding it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice WoW's, both of these books sound really interesting, I hope you enjoy them.

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!