Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #48

 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
   
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
Mrs. Poe
 
Summary:
 
A vivid and compelling novel about a woman who becomes entangled in an affair with Edgar Allan Poe—at the same time she becomes the unwilling confidante of his much-younger wife.

It is 1845, and Frances Osgood is desperately trying to make a living as a writer in New York; not an easy task for a woman—especially one with two children and a philandering portrait painter as her husband. As Frances tries to sell her work, she finds that editors are only interested in writing similar to that of the new renegade literary sensation Edgar Allan Poe, whose poem, “The Raven” has struck a public nerve.

She meets the handsome and mysterious Poe at a literary party, and the two have an immediate connection. Poe wants Frances to meet with his wife since she claims to be an admirer of her poems, and Frances is curious to see the woman whom Edgar married.

As Frances spends more and more time with the intriguing couple, her intense attraction for Edgar brings her into dangerous territory. And Mrs. Poe, who acts like an innocent child, is actually more manipulative and threatening than she appears. As Frances and Edgar’s passionate affair escalates, Frances must decide whether she can walk away before it’s too late...

Set amidst the fascinating world of New York’s literati, this smart and sexy novel offers a unique view into the life of one of history’s most unforgettable literary figures.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 318 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: October 1st 2013 by Gallery Books
 
My Teaser:
Pg. 20 (e-book)
 
"There you have it," I said with a nonchalance that I did not feel. If I became his competition, I, too, might soon be on the wrong side of the dangerous Mr. Poe.
 
 
What's your Teaser this Tuesday?
 

if-youre-here-blinkie 
 

16 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating!

    Thanks for your comment and tweet on my teaser http://pdworkman.com/teaser-from-thrown-to-the-wolves-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous Mr Poe? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this book! The title caught my eye not too long ago, but I wasn't sure if it was a biography or fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this book. very good teaser. and thanks for stopping by. Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an intresting book :D I hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bookstore I work at has this book; I've always thought about picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing. Wonder how bad his bad side is! This sounds like quite the tangled web.
    Thanks for stopping by for my tease:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun book and just my style! Thanks for coming by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't want to get on the bad side of someone who is dangerous. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great teaser! I'm putting this on my TBR list.
    Thanks for visiting our blog! ~ Jax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this sounds brilliant and I know as much as I try and resist that this will end up on the TBR. Great teaser, I love the word nonchalance ;-) Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/tuesday-teaser-may-27/

    ReplyDelete
  12. +JMJ+

    She has a point. Who wants to be on the bad side of the man who wrote The Cask of Amontillado? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds like it will have a lot of plot twists

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this teaser. I wouldn't want to be on his bad side either. Putting this on my TBR. Thanks for following my blog. I love yours and am now following back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by! I followed back! Great teaser by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Outdoortvreview.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!