Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, May 12, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #46

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)
 
Summary:
 
J.R. Ward's # 1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood continues as a royal bloodline is compromised by a grave threat to the throne.
Long live the King…
After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.
Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.

The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 573 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: April 1st 2014 by Penguin Group (USA)
 
 
“Okay, so, Beth, follow me. 'I, Beth, a totally awesome chick ...'"
Beth barked out a giggle. "I, Beth ..."
"Where's the 'awesome chick' part? What? Come on, I have a license from the Internet. I know what I'm doing."

Wrath nodded at his leehan
. "He's right. You are, in fact, awesome. I think we need to hear it."
"Can I get an amen!" Lassiter shouted.
"Ammmmmmmmmen!" echoed throughout the mansion.
"Fine, fine, fine," she said. "I, Beth, a totally awesome chick ..."
"'... take this meathead, Wrath ...'"
"... take this meathead, Wrath ..."

"'... as my husband to have and to hold from this day forward...”
  
 
I read this one in one sitting the other day and I loved it. Beth and Wrath are my favourite couple in the series and I was glad to see more of them again, plus the writing was pretty damn awesome with this one.
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

7 comments:

  1. LMAO Excellent vows and so personalized. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that's great. I haven't read this one. Kinda went iffy on the series the last few books but I do love them as a couple :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the last two were my least faves, especially Lover Reborn. Lover at Last was good but I wanted more Blay and Qhuinn sexy times. This one was much more in line with the earlier books in the series.

      Delete
  3. LOL :) I haven't read any of the books from this series yet so I hate that I can't relate. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my reader, started it and put it aside. I am waiting for a large chunk of time to devote solely to this book. I have been a huge fan of the series since my sister nagged at me to read it and I finally ran out of reading material one day on a lunch break. LOVE this series and have been waiting impatiently for this book. Now I just sit there and stroke the cover on my reader and promise, Soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!