Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #1



Happy Thursday, everyone! And welcome to a new feature on Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
 

What is Throwback Thursday?
 
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday. 

The Historical Romance Edition:


Since Tin of Love Saves the World and Mary from Buried Under Romance  are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, we've decided to focus on our beloved genre.


The Rules:

1. It must be posted on a Thursday. 
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3rd 2008.



This Week I'm Featuring:
 
Dark Champion (Dark Champion, #2)
 
Summary:
 
A Damsel’s Plight Orphaned and desperate, Imogen of Carrisford flees when a brutal lord invades and takes possession of her castle. There is only one man she can turn to for help.

A Knight's Rescue

He is FitzRoger of Cleeve, rumored to be a ruthless champion in battle and a tyrannical master. Imogen is stunned at the very sight of his powerful body, yet it is his cool green eyes that penetrate her very soul, making her tremble with both fear and desire. Sheltered all her life, she needs such a man to defend and protect her…yet she dares not trust him to put her desires before his own. But even as she vows independence, boldly standing beside him against treacherous enemies, her defenses crumble…falling helplessly to the gentle fury of her warrior’s love.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 376 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: January 7th 2003 by Signet (first published 1993)
 
Find Jo Beverely On:
 
 
Why I Featured This Book:
 
Back when I was 11-13 I started getting into the Historical Romance genre and I remember stealing my mom's copy of this off the shelf when I was 12 years ago and I devoured it in one night. 12 years later and this one is still a favourite of mine and I highly recommend it.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Yay! You're doing TBT: HRe too! ^__^ Sadly, I haven't read any of Jo Beverley's books yet. But this sounds like a powerful story. It has that medieval setting which I think I haven't read in ages, my last one being A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught, if my memory serves me right. Thanks for sharing this one.

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO READ HER NOW.
      Sorry, I get a little too enthusiastic about JB :) I haven't picked up a good Medieval romance in awhile either so I'll be checking out the Judith McNaught book you mentioned. Thanks for stopping by Camille.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kimberly and welcome to the meme!!! It's great to have you join us.

    Oooo~ I haven't tried Jo's backlists and this sounds great. First books are always fantastic and favorites for many of us readers. There will forever be a special place for them in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I hope you get to her back list soon she has some real gems Ki :)

      Delete
  3. I do love Jo Beverly, even though I haven't read too many of her books yet, she is definitely on my "go to " author list. This book sounds like a winner. I do love a man with gorgeous green eyes that sees right to the heart of you. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. LOL I do love your blog background, its very bright and cheerful. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about the books that you read early on that stays with you :) This sounds great, and I don't think I've read anything by Jo Beverley so I will have to get right on it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! Welcome to the TT: HR meme...great to see it growing.

    I have only read one Jo Beverley book, but I remember really liking it though I don't remember the title off the top of my head. I'll have to check this one out since I'm always interested in what books first introduced readers to historical romance. Mine was Susan Elizabeth Phillips's Just Imagine. Plus I love medieval romances! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to TBT:HR! I think I started reading romances at around the same age and was "borrowing" them from my sister. ^_^

    I didn't realise that this book was published in 1993! It's amazing how long and prolific Jo Beverley's career is!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!