Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Monster Thon Kick Off

pickyourthon
 
I stumbled across Kimberly @ Kimberly's Novel Notes kick off post and decided that since I had so much fun with the last read-a-thon that I participated in that I would give this one a try. Here are the details:

What its all about: 
 
The Monster Read and Review-a-thons are a great chance for us all to get together, read some fabulous reads, and get to those reviews that we know have been sitting there waiting to be done for a little too long. You can read as much as you want. Review till you cannot review anymore. Whatever works best for you! In addition to the Thons, we will be hosting some fun related challenges, great prizes, and a Twitter party.

Our Twitter chat will be Tuesday, April 1st at 5 pm CST. #PickYourThon
 
The Rules:

You decide how much you want to participate. Whether it is just for a few days in reading then switching to reviewing or only participating on one or the other… what you get done depends on you!
How do I sign up?
 
It is quick and easy! Just fill out the linky on this page  with a URL where we can all check on your progress. Be it Goodreads, your blogs, Twitter, Facebook, or some other site.
Sign ups for the Thon will remain open until:  Midnight (EST) April 3rd
While participating in the Thon, starting and update post(s) are a great way to let everyone know how you are doing! However, they are not required to participate in the Thons. Want to know how everyone is doing? We will regularly give you a chance to link to your updates. You can also let us know on Twitter.
Follow hastag #PickYourThon.
You can also follow the hosts individually:
Kristen: @bookgoil
Kate: @neshelf

My Goals:

I have a to of library books to get through but I'm going to try to be realistic with my goals so these are what's on my TBR pile for this read-a-thon. If I don't finish them all I'm not going to stress about it plus I might read something that isn't even listed. I'll read whatever I'm in the mood for.

The Mane Event (Pride, #1)Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum, #20)How to LoveMaking Waves
if-youre-here-blinkie
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed by the huge volumes of books you have read! I discovered you on Goodreads and was led here. Your tastes vary substantially.

    I was moved by your review of Nelson Mandela's book, "Long Walk to Freedom." I lived in SA between 1981-88, aged 9 to 16 years. I lived through the apartheid era and am glad that's over. I love South Afrcia, having lived my greatest years there. I retain a lot of friends and I've been to visit in 1994 for a friend's wedding.

    I think it's probably one of the most beautiful, wild places in the world, very unique and epitomises mother earth--Afrika, like my Zulu and Xhosa friends used to call it. I'm British with a Greek Cypriot background but am proud to call myself a South African as well.

    Mandela is one of the finest leaders to have graced the political sphere this past century. I would place him up there with JF Kennedy. His people loved him dearly, and he will be sorely missed-Madiba.

    Regards, and happy reading,

    Alex George
    Author of Under the Dragon's Claw
    authoralexgeorge.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!