Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, March 24, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #39

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel #1)
 
Summary:
 
Seven Stones of Power
No one knows when they were created or by whom, each said to represent one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
For centuries, treasure hunters have been eager to possess the Stones, undeterred by their corrupting nature. The list is long - Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Napoleon, to name a few. Now the Stones have found their way to Salem, Massachusetts, and so has Gerwulf Grimoire, adding himself to this rogues' gallery of power seekers. He's an uncommonly dangerous man with a hunger for the forbidden and a set of abilities that are way beyond ordinary. Abilities that he feels entitle him to possess anything he might desire.
That would include Elizabeth Tucker, the woman he needs to find the Stones. She's freshly transplanted from New York City to Boston's North Shore. With a new job as pastry chef at Dazzle's Bakery and an old house inherited from her Aunt Ophelia, her life is pretty much on track...until it's suddenly derailed by a guy named Diesel, a rude monkey, and a ninja cat.
Lizzy can handle the monkey and the cat. She's not sure about Diesel. He's offering up his own set of unusual talents and promising to protect her from Grimoire, the kind of protection that Lizzy suspects might involve guarding her body day and night
The Seven Deadly Sins are pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that is wicked. Diesel thinks it also pretty much covers everything that's fun. And Lizzy thinks Diesel and the Seven Deadly Sins cover everything her mother warned her about.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 313 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: September 14th 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published August 30th 2010)

Quote:

Diesel rocked back on his heels and grinned at the monkey. “Carl?”
“Eep!” The monkey stood, squinted at Diesel, and gave him the finger.
“Looks like you know each other,” I said.
“Our paths crossed in Trenton,” Diesel said. “How did he get here?”
“Monkey Rescue,” Glo told him. “He was abandoned.”
“Figures,” Diesel said.
The monkey gave him the finger again.
“Does he do that all the time?” I asked Diesel.
“Not all the time.”
“I got him by mistake,” Glo said. “And now we don’t know what to do with him.”
“You could turn him loose and let him go play in traffic.” Diesel said.


I'm a huge Janet Evanovich fan and when I read this one a few years back I really enjoyed it. Mostly because of the monkey giving the middle finger and this reminds me that I really have to read book two soon.

What's your quote for this week?
Follow on Bloglovin

 if-youre-here-blinkie

7 comments:

  1. HAH! Diesel must know my dad. He used to tell my sister and I to go play on the freeway. It took me a while to realize what he was saying. :D (No worries, he was joking.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, my dad used to tell me the same thing. Did our dads know each other or something? :)

      Delete
  2. Bwaha I loved Diesel! That one was a hoot. I'm with ya I need to go back and pick up book two. I picked it up at the library sale this last year and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go read book two as well but I think I might have to re-read this one again. Loved the monkey :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't get that reference about the traffic immediately but LOL :) And the monkey knowing how to give a middle finger is priceless.

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like that monkey has some definite opinions, lol!
    I need to look in Evanovich's books.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!