Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday 56 #16


This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56 

 Rules:
 
 *Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it.
 
The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B
 
Summary:
 
Two-time Governor General's Award nominee Teresa Toten is back with a compulsively readable new book for teens!

When Adam meets Robyn at a support group for kids coping with obsessive-compulsive disorder, he is drawn to her almost before he can take a breath. He's determined to protect and defend her--to play Batman to her Robyn--whatever the cost. But when you're fourteen and the everyday problems of dealing with divorced parents and step-siblings are supplemented by the challenges of OCD, it's hard to imagine yourself falling in love. How can you have a "normal" relationship when your life is so fraught with problems? And that's not even to mention the small matter of those threatening letters Adam's mother has started to receive . . .

Teresa Toten sets some tough and topical issues against the backdrop of a traditional whodunit in this engaging new novel that readers will find hard to put down.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
 Length: 272 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: August 27th 2013 by Doubleday Canada (first published 2013)
 
My 56:

"I was the one that found her," she said simply. "I thought
 she was sleeping, but I wanted a hot chocolate, so I had to ask".

What's your Friday 56?

if-youre-here-blinkie

4 comments:

  1. OCD runs in my family. It's a terrible and often times misunderstood illness. I'm interested in this one, and I like the Friday 56 quote!

    Linking from Friday 56,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this very interesting. I also have family members with OCD and it's one of those illnesses that if you don't know someone personally who has it, you tend to buy into the stereotype. I might have to check this out. Thank you for sharing.

    My Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a neat book, a unique topic for young people. Thanks for sharing.

    You can see my Friday 56 at http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/03/the-friday-56-week-171.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my wishlist!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!