Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, March 21, 2014

Feature & Follow #2

Increase Blog Followers
 
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.
 
I've always been a reader. I got my first library card when I was 3 and I've been a supporter of books ever since. Since I joined Goodreads back in August 2008 I'd say my reading has picked up tremendously and the blog has a lot to do with that as well. I went from reading 50 books a year from 2006-2008 to reading 240+ like I used to when I first started highschool in '04 and '05.
 
I've gotten back into YA a bit more than I used to. I didn't read a lot in that genre as a teen so I'm catching up a little bit here and there. I read way more graphic novels now and that's because of Darren (Mr. Turning the Pages). He got me into the genre we we first started dating in 2008. Now I've branched out and read not only graphic novels but Manga as well.
 
I've always been a romance lover but I find myself branching out into the contemporary romance genre more. Usually I prefer historical romance or paranormal romances but I've found a couple really good authors in this genre.
I think my reading has changed because of Goodreads and my blog. I've been exposed to a very interactive community of book lovers who introduce me to new books, genres and authors on a daily basis and I'm grateful for it.
 
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3809429
 
What about you? How have your reading habits changed?
 

14 comments:

  1. I have also ventured around YA a lot more ever since I started blogging, just because that's what everyone is reading! New follower by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time lurker/follower :)

    I think many of us bloggers embraced YA this year. And with so many AMAZING books out there in the genre, I can't say I regret it at all. I've come across a few lemons, but not many!

    Tiffany @ A_TiffyFit's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read to much YA this year (or last year) but I will say there are some good titles out. I've found more lemons than not lol. Thanks for the follow Tiffany.

      Delete
  3. Having teens is what got me into reading YA. I wanted to know what they were reading! But I have loved them! New follower on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. Cool that your boyfriend (husband?) got you into graphic novels. I got my husband back into reading when we started dating.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my guy into reading more when we got together though he still only manages a handful of books a year (it drives me crazy lol).

      Delete
  5. I have also always been a supporter of books because my family and I would take weekly trips to the library which I loved doing!
    Great blog BTW

    www.theserialbooklover.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the weekly library trip, I love them. I usually go 2 or three times a week myself. When I walk in I immediately feel like I'm among friends.

      Delete
  6. I've never really tried reading graphic novels, but I love contemporary romance! Blogging has definitely influenced me to read more and branch out into different genres. :) Have a great weekend!

    New follower via GFC
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dyane, I hope you give graphic novels a try. There's something for everyone out there.

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with you about the impact and influence that both Goodreads and book blogging have made on my reading habits! I'm a fellow romance lover and I found that I can't quite get into a book whole-heartedly when I know there's not even a hint of any romance in there. LOL :) Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My FF post :) Old follower via Bloglovin and email subscription :)

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was like that to Camille. As an early teen I only read romance than branched out into Action Adventure etc. Goodread and the Book Blog world has had me create a huge TBR pile of every kind of genre there is.

      Delete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!