Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #71

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!
 
Here are my picks for the week: 
 
Belle Cora: A Novel
 
Summary:
 
Based loosely on the life of the 19th-century prostitute of the same name, the book is written in the form of a two-volume memoir by one of San Francisco’s richest and most revered dowagers. In it, the heroine tells the story of her moral fall and material rise over the course of the century, carrying her from the farms, mills, drawing rooms (and bedrooms) of New York to the California gold rush.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 608 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: January 7th 2014 by Doubleday
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
While the summary is rather short it does sound interesting and I like the way the heroine seems to struggle and I'm a huge historical fiction fan so this one is right up my alley.
 
The Red Lily Crown: A Novel of Medici Florence
 
Summary:
 
Elizabeth Loupas returns with her most ambitious historical novel yet, a story of intrigue, passion, and murder in the Medici Court...

April, 1574, Florence, Italy. Grand Duke Cosimo de’ Medici lies dying. The city is paralyzed with dread, for the next man to wear the red lily crown will be Prince Francesco: despotic, dangerous, and obsessed with alchemy.

Chiara Nerini, the troubled daughter of an anti-Medici bookseller, sets out to save her starving family by selling her dead father’s rare alchemical equipment to the prince. Instead she is trapped in his household—imprisoned and forcibly initiated as a virgin acolyte in Francesco’s quest for power and immortality. Undaunted, she seizes her chance to pursue undreamed-of power of her own.

Witness to sensuous intrigues and brutal murder plots, Chiara seeks a safe path through the labyrinth of Medici tyranny and deception. Beside her walks the prince’s mysterious English alchemist Ruanno, her friend and teacher, driven by his own dark goals. Can Chiara trust him to keep her secrets…even to love her…or will he prove to be her most treacherous enemy of all?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 432 pages (Paperback)
Expected Publication Date: April 1st 2014 by NAL Trade
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I've never read anything about the Medici Court as far as I can recall so this one has really caught my eye. I love the way the summary makes the book sound and I've had friends who have read other books by this author and she's supposed to be amazing so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.
 
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 

13 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Belle Cora. I've added it to my TBR list, thanks for sharing! :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    WWW Wednesdays
    Waiting on Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle Cora sounds absolutely fascinating and I really adore the simplicity of its cover. I had never heard of it prior to your WOW entry, but have added it to my ever-growing TBR list immediately. Wonderful choices this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle Cora Sounds fascinating. I definitely want to read it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't really gotten that much into the historical genre. I've been wanting to try it out though :) Interesting picks!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually read historical fiction, but this one looks interesting.

    Here is my first WOW on romance novels blog - Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two excellent picks - and historical fiction in a YA world - Love IT!!!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my usual kind of read, but Belle Cora sounds interesting.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both look like interesting glimpses into the flaws of the society they are meant to represent and should be engaging reads. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds kind of interesting! I love the cover.
    Here is my WOW
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-year-of-shadows_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great covers and the descriptions sound good too! I like historical books. Great picks.

    Kat@Kat's Book Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! These look great :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-to-all-the-boys-ive-loved-before/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are right up my alley, good picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of any of these, but they have gorgeous covers.

    My WoW:
    http://vampireandotherparanormalthingsqueen.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!