Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #34

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
 
Top Ten Favourite Book to Movie Adaptations
 
Old Yeller
Old Yeller (Old Yeller, #1)
Loved both the 1957 film as well as the book.
 
The Mysterious Island
 
The Mysterious Island
The book and movie are different in many ways but I still think the 1961 film is my favourite adaptation.
 
Harry Potter
 
Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7)
The Harry Potter Books to Film adaptation are simply amazing.
 
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
 
Journey to the Center of the Earth
 
I'm a huge old movies fan and a big Jules Verne fan so it's no surprise that I love both the book and 1959 film version of this movie.
 
The Da Vinci Code
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)
 
Loved the movie and the book. Tom Hanks kind of stole my heart in this movie when he played Robert Langdon.
 
Lord Of The Rings
 
 
Okay so I haven't read the actual books yet but LOTR had to make this list anyways.
 
Matilda
Matilda
 
Matilda had to make this list! I'm still fond of both the book and the movie and watch the movie every time it's on.
 
The Witches
The Witches
 
Another Roald Dahl book and another one of my favourite movie adaptations.
 
Push
 
Push
 
Push was a disturbing read but great and I think they did an excellent job adapting it to film in Precious.
 
Red Dragon
Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter, #1)
 
 
Red Dragon was an awesome read and I can watch the movie over and over again even though it is disturbing.
 

6 comments:

  1. I just love seeing these top 10 lists. It's so much fun seeing the ones that spark peoples interest :) I didn't realize a couple of these had gone to movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will agree the LOTR movies were great adaptations of the novels
    Here is my TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesdays-best-and-worst-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie Matilda and I read the book ages ago, but I can't really remember much about it. All I remember is that I loved it! Great list!

    My TTT
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! Thanks for sharing.

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-best-and-worst-book-to-movie-adaptation-experiences/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I loved the movie The Witches when I was a kid. It totally freaked me out - in a good way. And I love Harry Potter and Matilda as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matilda, Harry Potter, and LOTR are really popular today! Can you believe I haven't seen Red Dragon? I'm actually not sure why. I can't watch Old Yeller, I've seen it one time and my heart was crushed.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!