Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, July 8, 2013

Quote-Tastic Monday #8

 
 
 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
 
 
Back in 2010 I finally picked up the Stephanie Plum series and I've been reading them ever since. I'm not much of a contemporary romance/cozy mystery fan but Janet Evanovich is hilarious! Here's a snippet from the first book in the series that always makes me giggle.
 
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
Conversation between Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli

Yeah. Almost as surprising as when you nailed me with your father's car."

In the interest of avoiding confrontation, I felt compelled to explain. I didn't feel obliged to do it convincingly. "It was an accident. My foot slipped."

"That was no accident. You jumped the goddamn curb and followed me down the sidewalk.” 
 
 
What is YOUR favourite bookish quote this week?
 
Follow on Bloglovin 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Well, he did deserve it! That is a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaha. I freaking LOVE that series. It was the one that got me into reading a few years ago. I picked book 1-3 up to take on a cruise and devoured them. So funny :) Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee hee That was such a fun book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's great! I'll have to check out that series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! *heads to google to search about the series* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Whoa!!! 19 books that's a big commitment and huge investment. But I like the blurb n few excerpts I have added it to my tbr for time being... I hope I can start the series soon

      Delete
  6. That is a good series. I haven't read all of them, but I especially like that first one!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Great giggle quote. Love it. I have been wanting to try this series.

    My Quote-Tastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. *snort* Sounds like a hilarious scene! :) I've heard good things about this series.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!