Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wolf Moon Rising by Miranda Simon


Wolf Moon Rising
 
Summary:
 
Clare Sorenson has a boyfriend, but there is something so very intriguing about her new next-door neighbor. She's never seen anyone with eyes so — golden. Those eyes rendered her speechless. Pale skin, unruly dark curls, and the lean, wiry body of a distance runner don't hurt, either. Soon the high school senior is falling head over heels for the mysterious Nicholas. She'll risk everything to be with him.

But something isn't right in the small town of Hadley. It begins with ravaged livestock and rumors of wolves. Clare begins to suspect that Nicholas knows much more than he's willing to admit. How many gruesome deaths will it take before she confronts him -- and discovers his true nature? And can love survive that terrible truth?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 125 pages (E-book)
Source: Kindle Freebie
Available Formats: E-book
Publication Date: November 13th 2012 by Capuchin Publisher
 
Wolf Moon Rising turned out to be one of the more surprising books that I've read so far this year. Usually if a book is under 150 pages I'm not likely going to enjoy it but when I got this as a Kindle freebie last week I had a feeling about it.
 
Right away I was taken in by Miranda Simon's story of Clare Sorenson and the new boy in town, Nicholas Hadley. I was surprised by how much I liked both of the main characters because usually in shorter books there isn't quite enough character development but this one didn't have that problem whatsoever.
 
Clare was such a super sweet and caring girl I couldn't help but feel bad for her loss over the suicide of her mother several months before the events in the book took place. She was totally devoted to her father and she wasn't a brain dead heroine at all and I was glad to see the author gave her some smarts.
 
As for Nicholas, I thought he was a jerk in the beginning when he was so rude to Clare when she was just trying to be friendly but he grew on me even though his denial about his father's wolfish tendancies being as bas as they were annoyed me a lot. He did love his little sisters with all his heart and I loved how selfless he was for them.
 
The other characters in the book were minor but they also had good character development and I didn't have any real issues with them. I thought that Nick's father was a major nutter and for me there was no love lost between him and I. Especially after reading about how he treated his family.
 
The plot of the book was very good as well. I liked that it wasn't your standard young adult romance novel and that while there was romance it wasn't all sappy like the kind a reader of the genre would typically find, especially in such a short book. I thought the plot was well developed and I was very pleased with how the overall story played out and thought it was a really enjoyable read. My only issue is that the author seemed to leave it on a bit of a cliffhanger so I'm hoping that she does pen a sequel since I'd really like to see how things with Nick and Clare turn out after things ended the way they did with Nick's dad and the killing of livestock.
 
Overall, Wolf Moon Rising was a surprisingly detailed and well written 125 page novel and left me wanting to read more by Miranda Simon. I'm very glad I picked this Kindle freebie up when I did and very glad I gave it a try.
 
I would recommend Wolf Moon Rising to fans of young adult shape shifter novels. Unlike many books in the genre I thought this one stood out as a shining example of how well a book of it's nature can turn out. Plus if you're looking for a quick read this is a great book to pick up.
 
Really Liked it!
★★★★
 
 
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love when a book surprises you and the this one sounds good. I am glad to hear it is well developed despite its length.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!