Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #58

 
 



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine and is where we can talk about books we are looking forward to being released!

Here are my picks for the week:
 
A White Room
 
Summary:
 
At the close of the Victorian Era, society still expected middle-class women to be “the angels of the house,” even as a select few strived to become something more. In this time of change, Emeline Evans dreamed of becoming a nurse. But when her father dies unexpectedly, Emeline sacrifices her ambitions and rescues her family from destitution by marrying John Dorr, a reserved lawyer who can provide for her family.

John moves Emeline to the remote Missouri town of Labellum and into an unusual house where her sorrow and uneasiness edge toward madness. Furniture twists and turns before her eyes, people stare out at her from empty rooms, and the house itself conspires against her. The doctor diagnoses hysteria, but the treatment merely reinforces the house’s grip on her mind.

Emeline only finds solace after pursuing an opportunity to serve the poor as an unlicensed nurse. Yet in order to bring comfort to the needy she must secretly defy her husband, whose employer viciously hunts down and prosecutes unlicensed practitioners. Although women are no longer burned at the stake in 1900, disobedience is a symptom of psychological defect, and hysterical women must be controlled.

A novel of madness and secrets, A White Room presents a fantastical glimpse into the forgotten cult of domesticity, where one’s own home could become a prison and a woman has to be willing to risk everything to be free.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 408 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: July 3rd 2013 by Unhinged Books      
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
Besides the stunning cover art, I was really intrigued by the plot it sounds like an utterly unique read.
 
Horde (Razorland, #3)
 
 
Summary:
 
The epic conclusion to the USA Today bestselling trilogy.

The horde is coming.

Salvation is surrounded, monsters at the gates, and this time, they're not going away. When Deuce, Fade, Stalker and Tegan set out, the odds are against them. But the odds have been stacked against Deuce from the moment she was born. She might not be a Huntress anymore, but she doesn't run. With her knives in hand and her companions at her side, she will not falter, whether fighting for her life or Fade's love.

Ahead, the battle of a lifetime awaits. Freaks are everywhere, attacking settlements, setting up scouts, perimeters, and patrols. There hasn't been a war like this in centuries, and humans have forgotten how to stand and fight. Unless Deuce can lead them.

This time, however, more than the fate of a single enclave or outpost hangs in the balance. This time, Deuce carries the banner for the survival of all humanity.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 432 pages (Hardcover)
Expected Publication Date: October 29th 2013 by Feiwel & Friends      
 
Why I'm Waiting:
 
I was a huge fan of the first novel in the trilogy and was just about to start the second one when I saw that the final book would be coming out in a couple months so I've decided to read the second book closer to the release date of the third book. I can't wait to see how everything turns out.
 
What are YOU waiting for this Wednesday?

 
 

31 comments:

  1. I need to read the first two book in the Ann Aguirre series, so many books! Thanks for sharing!
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both of the Aguirre books that are already out but I haven't started them yet. I suppose I really need to before Horde hits the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enclave was amazing! I can't recommend reading it soon enough :)

      Delete
  3. I want to read the Ann Aguirre books, that cover looks awesome :D Thanks for sharing :-)

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the covers for the whole trilogy! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. A White Room does have a lovely cover! I just finished Enclave today! I was tempted to jump right into the second book too but I have a feeling I may wait a while so I don't have to wait quite so long for #3. Great picks!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the White Room cover too. It looks like a painting from a museum. I'm so glad you liked Enclave!

      Delete
  5. Great picks...and I really love the look and sound of A White Room.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I can't wait to read Horde.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/obsession-with-books-has-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own Enclave, and Outpost, but still haven't started them, maybe when the third comes out I'll read them back2back. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea :) I hope you like them when you do read them.

      Delete
  8. Great picks. A White Room is new to me, and I still haven't read the first two in the Razorland series.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered A White Room myself I hope you start the Razorland series soon :)

      Delete
  9. A White Room is new to me and i'm not much of a historical fiction fan but it sounds really good!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one will turn out really well. I'm a big HF junkie :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. A White Room looks really interesting and I have to agree it has a lovely cover.
    Haven't started the Ann Aguire books yet...sigh

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of A White Room makes me want to get it in poster size and put it up on my wall. I love it so much.
      I hope you start the Razorland series soon :)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I'm surprised you wouldn't like the Razorland series it seems like it would be right up your alley :) Give it a shot.

      Delete
  12. A White Room sounds like it would be up my alley. It sounds very interesting and unique. The other book I don't know about since I haven't read the series, but maybe I should.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Razorland series! I too think A White Room sounds unique too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. A White Room caught my eye, enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I helped you find a new book! I hope you get a chance to read it when it comes out!

      Delete
  14. That is a really good plan - I read Enclave and enjoyed it, but never did read book 2 when it came out. I'll probably pick it up closer to Horde's release date, too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like books two and three when you get to them!

      Delete
  15. Ugh, I still need to read Enclave. I need to catch up on my TBR!! Great picks for the week :)

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! My tbr pile is out of control :D I hope you like Enclave when you finally get to it. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  16. I am very curious about A White Room and love the cover, thanks Kim for sharing it, added it to my list!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!