Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tagging Her Lynx by Abby Wood


Tagging Her Lynx
 
Summary:
 
Living in the bush of Alaska, Chloe Barrant wanted to take care of the animals at her wildlife refuge and ignore the times she shifted into a lynx. Even she knew that wasn’t normal. Little did she know that the day she’d turn away the poachers she’d find a male lynx coming to her rescue. What surprised her even more was when the lynx turned into a man claiming her as his life mate.

Granger, alpha of the Lynx clan, would do anything to protect the Lynx. They’d lost too many members to the hunters who preyed on them. Finding his alpha life mate gave him back dreams for the future that he’d given up on long ago.

Chloe didn’t understand how the other Lynx expected her to fill the alpha role within the clan, when around Granger she only wanted to slip into beta role and submit to him. Could she figure it all out in time to save the Lynx?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 111 pages (E-book)
Source: Kindle Freebie
Available Formats: E-book
Publication Date: April 23rd 2010 by Breathless Press
 
Last night I really needed something light and fluffy to read after finishing a bit of a heavier read so I picked up Tagging her Lynx by Abby Woods and since it had been given some pretty favourable reviews I had high hopes for it.
 
The bad news is this book just wasn't for me. I keep hoping that I'll come to enjoy novella's but so far it's only happened a couple times where I've like the story. This wasn't one of those times but at least I can say that I gave the book a chance.
 
This was definitely a case of this not being the book for me. The book started off really well but by about 20% in I was getting really annoyed with the book. The two main characters were both too extreme for me. Chloe was far to subservient to Granger for my tastes and Granger was just pig headed. Honestly he wouldn't let the girl work ever again because it's not what the women in the Lynx Clan do. I just felt that the book was very stereotypical of a shifter romance and the x-rated parts were bland and repetitive. I'm not a prude but it just felt as though the scenes were recycled.
 
I think that if this had been a full blown 200-250 page it would have been a good book because everything in the book happened so fast it would have been much better for me if it had been slowed down a bit and the characters weren't so over the top.
 
Overall, this book didn't do anything for me but I'm in the minority as there are many people who did like the novella a lot. I would recommend it to people who like shifter romance novellas with extremely alpha heroes and very meek women.
 


Not For Me!

To "Like" Abby Wood on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Abby Wood on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Abby Wood on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Abby Wood's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didnt enjoy the book. Seriously wouldnt let her work. Thats outdated. Great review

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!