Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Outfoxed (Cougar Falls #4) by Marie Harte


Outfoxed (Cougar Falls, #4)
 
Summary:
 
"When a cat tries to outsmart a sexy fox, only love can save him. "

A "Cougar Falls" Story

Grady Chastell, Shifter extraordinaire, wants to take a mate the delectable Gabby Easton. She s sexy, kind, and has the extraordinary ability to shift into "two" animal spirits, cat and fox. There s just one problem.

Gabby won't take him seriously.

He s at his wits end trying to convince her to give him a chance when trouble comes knocking at his door. Before he knows it, he s unwittingly party to one whopper of a lie that finally has Gabby where he wants her but will she feel the same when she realizes she s been duped?

It will take all his cunning, the help of the pride, and a good bit of mutual trickery to convince his foxy lady to forgive and forget. And more, to love him the cat born to be hers.

Warning: Arrogant cats who think they can outsmart the slyest of foxes. A cat war, devious siblings, hijinks with consequences, and the threat of sexualized danger as a foxy feline turns the tables on a man who likes to tell tales.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 115 Pages
Available Formats: E-book
Publication Date: March 13th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
 
Outfoxed was my first read by Marie Harte and even though it is the fourth story in the Cougar Falls series I felt like the book was completely able to stand on it's own. The book does mention the characters from the previous books but the romance between Grady and Gabby is completely their own and is the main focus of this 115 page e-novella.
 
I thought that Outfoxed was a decent read given it's novella status. I'm not much for shorter reads but this one was an okay one. There were things like the fact that Grady was the biggest playboy. I don't get the appeal but I can't really handle books where the writers make the male leads into alpha males who have to coddle the women they love. In that way I felt the relationship between Grady and Gabby was a little "meh". Even the naughty bits of the story were a bit repetitive and shallow but the one saving grace was that Gabby despite being a ditz was actually quite adorable and she was so sweet and kind to the people she cared about.
 
My main thing I liked about the book other than the humour, which I would describe as mildly funny was that it was a quick and easy read that helped me get back into the shapeshifter romance genre. I wouldn't say the plot was amazing but it was alright and had enough substance to keep me reading to find out what the outcome of the story would be and if Grady and Gabby would make it. For 115 pages I'd say the author did a nice job of mixing things up and making it feel like a longer read.
 
I would recommend this romance novella to fans of shapeshifter romances especially if you're in the mood for a quick read. I can see this being a weekend read or one that can be picked up when you have an hour of free time and would like to start and finish a book in one sitting.
 
Really Liked it!
★★★★
 
To become a "Fan" of Marie Harte  on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Marie Harte 's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE

1 comment:

  1. Ooo kitty shifter. I'm in :) I haven't read too much pnr lately so maybe this one'll get me back into it too :) Gabby sounds kinda cute. I don't mind a ditsy heroine now and again if she can pull it off. Sounds like Gabby managed to :) Just added it to the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!