Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, December 2, 2012

James May's Lego House by James May

James May's Lego House
 
Summary:
 
Who would be crazy enough to build a full-sized, fully furnished two-story house-complete with washing machine, shower, and toilet-entirely out of LEGOs? Answer: James May and his team of helpers. The story of May's amazing house (which won the Guinness World Record for being the largest freestanding LEGO structure of all time) is told in James May's LEGO House, a book that, like the house it describes, is wall-to-wall fun. Marvel at the dedicated teamwork required to construct the house, chuckle at accessories like a LEGO mouse and cat, and laugh out loud at May's comical struggle with getting a good night's sleep on a LEGO bed.
Summary & Photo taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 96 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: September 7th 2010 by Conway
 
Okay so right off the bat I'm going to say that this is going to be a really short review because despite the fact that the book was 96 pages very few pages had any writing. However, this in itself does not make the book any less of an enjoyable read.
 
You see a couple years ago my brother got me hooked on the British television show Top Gear and ever since then I've been quite amused by the three hosts, one of which is the author of this book James May also known as Captain Slow. So when I did a library search for books by him for my brother to read I had to put this one on hold.
 
I had an obsession with LEGO as a kid and even now if you put me near a set I'll still play with them. There is just something about LEGO that makes you want to sit down and construct something regardless of your age.
 
This little book chronicles the events leading up to, during and after the construction of this magnificent building which was sadly demolished not too long after its construction in 2009.  1,000 volunteers from all over the UK helped build the 20ft structure that now holds the Guinness World Record as the largest LEGO house in the world.
 
I enjoyed this little bit of pop culture in book form. It was fun learning about the construction of the house and his reasons for building it. I would recommend this as a gift for kids and maybe the older LEGO aficionados in the world.
 
Liked It!
★ ★ ★
 
To "Like" James May on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" James May on Twitter CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via ChaptersIndigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. My son loves Top Gear and legos. He built the entire Harry Potter world complete with train etc. It consumed by living room for about a year..LOL Great review and this sounds interesting...wouldn't want to live in it, but interesting none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love James May =) He's like my secret crush, haha...seriously!

    I watched the whole Lego House thing on tv, and it was so interesting!! It's just a shame that someone stole his Lego cat =(

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still want to watch the Lego House special! Glad it was good and it IS too bad about the Lego cat :( I love Captain Slow too :D

      Delete
  3. There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

    Website
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Sidebet.inube.com
    Betgreen.shutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Bridgetomastery.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Mastodon.social
    Information

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!