Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Virgin Diaries by Kimberley A. Johnson & Ann Werner

The Virgin Diaries

Summary:

WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE TO LOSE YOUR VIRGINITY? Seventy-two men and women answer that burning question. Hundreds of years of collective experience answer the questions every virgin has. THE VIRGIN DIARIES is a book about sex that really isn't about sex at all. Rather, it's about the feelings associated with that first time: wondering about it, worrying about it, the expectations, the surprises and the disappointments. Within these pages are the recollections of seventy-two people, young and old, gay and straight, who responded to the call for answers. This candid collection of stories provides a unique opportunity to be a fly on the wall. There is no commentary, no agenda, no analyzing and no telling anyone what to think. The stories stand on their own, allowing the reader to form his or her own conclusions. Whether you are a virgin and desire to make an informed decision, a parent faced with "the talk" or are interested in reading detailed accounts of one of life's most personal experiences, THE VIRGIN DIARIES offers confidential insights and illustrates the commonalities we all share: our hopes, dreams, fears and insecurities. It shows that we are all human and therefore, all connected.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 230 pages (E-book)
Source: Personal Library
Publication Date: April 14th 2010 by Createspace         

When I read this one back in April I wasn't sure what I was expecting but I knew that it woul dbe interesting. I came to know about the book because I read Ann Werner's novel Dreams and Nightmares which I reviewed in February and so when this book came up for free on Kindle I was delighted to get a tweet from author Kimberley A. Johnson letting me know about it.

The book itself was great, it was different but I like how the stories or rather the recollections of the people interviewed were kept just as they were told. Plus, lets be honest the subject is an interesting one. I think what I liked most about the book was reading about how different peoples first times can be but in the end how universal some of the feelings afterwards are.

This isn't really much of a review but I did enjoy the book. I thought it was interesting and not like anything I've read so far. It's an interesting insight into the first times of people. I mean lets be honest generally we only pay attention to our own so his was unique in that aspect.

To "Add" the book to Goodreads CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Kimberly A. Johnson on Twitter CLICK HERE

Really Liked it!
★ ★ ★ ★





4 comments:

  1. Wow! Totally unexpected and greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting read. I imagine reading about how different everyone's experience was would be fascinating. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thank you so much!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this it sounds like a very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!