Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres

Seriously... I'm Kidding

Summary:
"Sometimes the greatest things are the most embarrassing." Ellen Degeneres' winning, upbeat candor has made her show one of the most popular, resilient and honored daytime shows on the air. (To date, it has won no fewer than 31 Emmys.) Seriously... I'm Kidding, Degeneres' first book in eight years, brings us up to date about the life of a kindhearted woman who bowed out of American Idol because she didn't want to be mean. Lively; hilarious; often sweetly poignant.
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 241 pages (Hardcover)
Publication Date: October 4th 2011 by Grand Central Publishing         

Back in April one of the ladies in my favourite Goodreads group read this book and highly recommended it to the rest of us and since I'm already a huge fan of Ellen (who isn't?!) I immediately put it on hold and read it the same day I got it from the library.

The book is everything I expected it to be; entertaining! I honestly think there was a smile on my face the whole time I read this book she's just that funny. At the time I was reading it I had been in a bit of a grumpy mood so I figured why not remedy that with a little does of Ellen? She always cheers me up and let me tell you I wasn't disappointed. I went to be that night feeling a lot better. I suppose people are right sometimes when they say that laughter is the best medicine.

I loved how she approached this book in typical Ellen fashion. She didn't take herself to seriously and without ego which I absolutely love about her. She's candid and open about her life and she comes across as wacky as she does on her show. I love how she took the time to catch the readers up on her life since her previous book was published.

I would without a doubt have no problem recommending this to anybody and if you're a fan of Ellen's or are looking for a great warm, light-hearted and funny read this might just be the book for you. She writes it in a way that will lift you up so don't read it if you're looking for a book that's deep because this is written in the essence that is Ellen.

To "Add" the book to Goodreads CLICK HERE
To "Like" Ellen on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Ellen on Twitter CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The BookDepository CLICK HERE

Really Liked it!
★ ★ ★ ★


6 comments:

  1. I have yet to read an Ellen. I know, it's horrible! I LOVE Ellen. I do want too though, and I have for awhile, so I really need to get on that. Who doesn't need a good laugh every now and then? Great review! Glad you loved this!

    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ellen and while i am typically not a huge fan of non-fiction..this sounds interesting and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Ellen. This sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ellen. I should pick up this book to read when I'm in a bad mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ellen - and what she stands for - can't wait to read it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun, but I also think it would be great to read an autobiography/memoir from her. Very interesting I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!