Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dirty Little Secret #10


Dirty Little Secret is a weekly meme hosted by at Under the Covers. Every Thursday they ask a question hoping to reveal other bloggers "dirty little secrets"

This week's question is:
 
Share your experiences with blogging!
List TWO "Don't" and one "Do" when it comes to blogging and reviewing.

Do:
 
Review the books that you want to review. Be they new or old your blog is first and foremost for you no one else. I'm not saything there is anything wrong with reading only new releases but just make sure what you're reviewing is what you want to review.
 
Don't
Do NOT get to review crazy. I know it's nice to be contacted for reviews but you can very easily get bombarded for reviews and overwhelmed. It's okay to say no to a review request. Just do it nicely.
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your answers! The DO one is so important and that's what I do. Sometimes I feel like I should review newer releases but not if they're not books I don't think I'll enjoy! I'm also very OCD about reading a series so I'd have to start from the beginning!

    My DLS

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DLS! I agree with your Do, I personally review books that are old, simply because I've never heard of them before I picked them up & I'm sure a lot of bloggers and readers haven't heard of them either. Why let a great book that was written 10-20 years ago go away unknown. You just might find yourself a new fav author!

    Ana♥ My DLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly..these are lessons we all have to learn. I plan/accept and x number of books per month, and then add from my tbr pile and new buys..this way I am not overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wise lady! I agree completely, Owning the online book tour company, even I only read and review the books that interest me.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!