Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon #1) by Alyssa Day


Summary:
Eleven thousand years ago, before the seas swallowed the Atlanteans, Poseidon assigned a few chosen warriors to act as sentinels for humans in the new world. There was only one rule - desiring them was forbidden. But rules were made to be broken...



Riley Dawson is more than a dedicated Virginia Beach social worker. She's blessed with a mind link that only Atlanteans have been able to access for thousands of years. Being an empath may explain her wistful connection to the roiling waves of the ocean, the sanctuary it provides, and the sexual urges that seem to emanate from fathoms below...


Conlan, the high prince of Atlantis, has surfaced on a mission to retrieve Poseidon's stolen Trident. Yet something else has possessed Conlan: the intimate emotions - and desires - of a human. Irresistably drawn to the uncanny beauty, Conlan soon shares more than his mind. But in the midst of a battle to reclaim Poseidon's power, how long can a forbidden love last between two different souls from two different worlds?

Summary taken from Goodreads.com

I've been wanting to read this series for a few months so when I bought it last month I thought it was my lucky day. However I have such a long To Be Read list that I wasn't sure when I would be able to read it. Once again luck was in my favour.  In one of the groups I'm in on Goodreads I was able to read this book for a buddy read this month.

When I was a kid I loved the story of Atlantis so naturally I had to read this book. Which is a very grown up version of Atlantis. It has warriors and lots, and lots of steamy sex. Honestly what more could I ask for? It had action, myth and romance. In short I thought it was awesome.

I liked all but one of the characters and that one character was the heroine's sister Quinn whom I found to be an obnoxious b****. I really liked Riley and  Conlan and  I loved their little love story. Conlan kind of reminds me of my hubby so maybe that's why I liked him so much.

I think that the story was really well written and I though Riley was funny though I didn't like her saying that the old Gods were false. ( I'm an athiest but honestly have some respect for others woman).  I love how the author wove the story and considering the book was the first in the series I believe it was very sucessful and I can't wait to read the next in this sexy paranormal romance series.
 I'd recommend it to all paranormal romance lovers:
★★★★1/2

1 comment:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

    Heromachine.com
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!