Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Magic of You by Johanna Lindsey



First off let me say that I am VERY, VERY, upset with myself for not giving this author a chance YEARS ago! That being said this book was a wonderful introduction to her writing.

Though this book is the 4th in the Malory series I didn't find myself lost. Though I am curious about the other characters and their romances in the books preceding this one.

I found Amy's character to be quiet refreshing. I loved her sense of humour and I love how she fought for the man she wanted. It was so nice to have a heroine who had a brain, sense of humour, and a temper despite her age. Unlike many heroines that are 18 in romances she wasn't silly and I think I saw a bit of myself in her.

I did find Warren's character to be lacking. He was sort of one dimensional to me though it was nice to see that though he's of the alpha male mentality he didn't come across more superior to Amy. I found him irritating and annoying, but perhaps it was because he was to arrogant and jaded. I found myself wanting him to appear in front of me just for the sake of kicking him repeatedly for being an ass. This is why I only gave it 4 stars.

This was a sweet romance and one that I would recommend to my mother in law without feeling worried about the naughty bits being too much for her and embarrassing me in the process because I recommended it to her. I recommend it to all historical romance lovers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss. Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

    Click Here
    Dcurbanmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

    Digger
    Scalemaze

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!