Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Fatal Thaw by Dana Stabenow



I am so glad that I gave the Kate Shugak another chance. I liked the first book in the series but I liked this installment a lot more.

Kate is still coming to terms with the events that took place in the last book. However new horrors await her as a murderer goes on a killing spree, murdering innocent people in cold blood. Kate with the help of her ever faithful compainion the husky/wolf mix Mutt manages to apprehend the suspect.

It isn't until later when her off/on lover Jack Morgan comes to visit her in her cabin that she learns the truth. One of the victims wasn't killed by the murderer. That killer is still free.

So we follow Kate along the way as she solves another murder. I must say this book in the series had a stronger plot than the first. I found Kate to be more likeable unlike the previous novel wear she was cold all the way through.

I enjoyed how the author had her interacting with people more and I love how she added humour to this novel. In the first book things felt forced but now I'm really getting into the flow.

I'm glad Kate is such a strong, independant, intelligent lead. All to often in "cozy mysteries" the female lead turns out to be a ditz. It is a played out theme that I'm becoming increasingly more irritated with.

So in short, for a 200 page mystery this one is ranked pretty high. The only fault I have with it is that it was still a little rushed but what can you do when it comes to a book of this length.

I do recommend these books to people who like "cozy mysteries" and my final rating is 4 stars. Come on people give them a go!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Click Here
    Soundcloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    AutoPilot
    The Maker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting This up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!


    People.sap.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!