Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh




So after years of seeing Nalini Singh's books at bookstores, libraries and friend's shelves here on Goodreads I finally broke down and gave her a try. Boy am I ever glad I did.

We are introduced to Elena, a spunky white haired Guild Hunter (Vampire Hunter) who has been hired to do a job for the Archangel Rafael who rules over New York City and help him catch an Archangel who is in the midst of a bloodlust. She also manages to help relieve him of his clothing :)

First off, I loved Elena's Character. She was such a strong female lead even though Raphael was using his Archangel mind tricks to make her do his bidding. She is definately a heroine that is worth the time it takes to write her on a page. I especially liked that Elena stayed the main focus of the novel instead of switching too much to Raphael's POV

Raphael on the other hand was too much of a jack ass IMHO. He was too much of an alpha male for me and I'm really hoping that he mellows out some in the next book.

I was so glad how Singh kept us guessing through the book and I love how she didn't make their sexual relationship the main focus of the book. It was so refreshing to not have sex on every page. I am not by any means a prude. I love me some sexy writing believe me. Yet, at some point when it comes to the genres of Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Romance there are authors who substitute sex to make up for poor writing. I am so glad this wasn't the case in this novel. I do admit that those are the feelings I went into reading this book and I definately think this is a series that should be read by all Paranormal/Urban Fantasy lovers.

2 comments:

  1. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post, i certainly love this website, keep on it

    iMaker
    Coolous

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!